Gum Care and Treatment in Colorado
Gum disease is the number one dental problem in adults. It starts when plaque accumulates near and around the gum line. Plaque is a combination of leftover food particles, bacteria, and other substances that irritate the soft tissues, causing inflammation and swelling. The gums then pull away from the tooth and form pockets that become breeding grounds for more bacteria. Eventually, the tooth becomes loose and falls out. The underlying bone can also be damaged.
Early-stage gum disease can be reversed with proper oral hygiene and professional cleaning, but advanced gum disease requires deep cleaning (root scaling and planning), antibiotics, and periodontal or gum surgery. Periodontal surgery is used to remove bacteria and reduce the size of gum pockets. Some gum pockets are too deep to clean properly, and only surgery can remove plaque below the gum line.
Download Our Dental Implant Pricing & Information Guide.
Want to know the cost of ESTEEM Dental Implants? Fill out the form below and we'll send you the Pricing Guide right away along with a $350 savings offer from Grand Dental.
The Guide will show you:
- Dental Implant Options
- Average Pricing
- Eligibility Factors
- And much more...
Pocket Reduction Surgery
Types of Bone and Soft Tissue Grafting
The following bone grafting materials are all backed by science research:
- Alloplast: A graft either made completely of synthetics, or produced by xenogenic structures or tissues.
- Xenograft: Bone grafting material that comes from an animal (usually a cow).
- Allograft: A laboratory-processed human graft bone from a donor that came from a tissue bank.
- Autograft: When you take bone from one side of your body and move it to another. The only bone graft type that involves creating two surgery sites with one harvested and the other where it is given
We picture a world where people’s lives are changed through a confident smile
A Grand Dental Patient Case Study
Reach out to us today - Because healthy teeth matter!
Thank you for visiting the website of Grand Dental We're proud to be a trusted and professional dentist serving the Grand Junction, CO community. If you have anxiety about going to the dentist, we'll help you relax. We go above and beyond to make every visit as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Reach out today to learn more, and book a free consultation with our dental care experts.
Please call 970-548-3276 to speak with us immediately about your dental concerns. You can also use the contact form to email us.
Get a personalized Virtual Smile Consultation from Dr. Benefield
Our online consults haven't stopped! We are working hard to make sure your dental needs don't have to wait! Connect with us today and get all of your questions answered for free in three easy steps.
- Upload a photo of your current smile or area of concern.
- We will create a personalized video with recommendations.
- View your video and schedule an appointment.
Follow Us Today!
We invite the Grand Junction, CO community to visit our social media channels and keep up to date on our dental practice events, dental patient case studies, blog posts and much more!